Wednesday, July 29, 2009

This and That

I haven't been very good about blogging the last week or so because I've been tied up with school stuff. Here is a little bit of what's been going on.

Dutch got his one-year pictures taken yesterday. He hadn't napped all day long, so I was expecting it to be a disaster, but he did really well. We put him in a Seton Hill onesie and khaki shorts; he looked so cute.

Dutch now has 6 teeth (the better to bite you with, my dear). 4 on top and 2 on bottom. And yes, he's started biting me with them. He never does it to Chris, just me. I think it's paybacks for me being a biter.

For his birthday Dutch got a swing to hang outside. Every time I put him in it he enjoys it for a little longer. It used to last only a few seconds, but now he'll play for a lot longer. I think he mostly loves just being outside; all those noises fascinate him.

Chris starts his OBGYN rotation today - in surgery! The last girl that was there got to deliver 4 babies, so Chris is excited to be able to do hands-on things. He's also glad not to be in the Pysch Ward anymore, it was making him feel crazy.

I'm at my lowest weight since before Dutch was born and I'm starting to feel more like myself. It's never been about losing weight, per se, just feeling comfortable in my skin. That's finally starting to happen.

It's raining today and we're stuck in the house, but I'm sure Dutch will find something to do to entertain himself.

No comments: