Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Dutch's One Year Well-Baby Visit

Dutch and I went to see his pediatrician, Dr. Shaver, today. Everything is fine and good. Here are his stats:

Head circumference: 47 cm (75th percentile)
Weight: 27 lbs 12 oz (95th percentile)
Length/Height: 31 1/2 inches (95th percentile)

He had to get some shots today :( but he forgave Nurse Wendy almost immediately. We had his hemoglobin checked and it's a little low which could be a sign of anemia. We're going to go and get a more extensive screening to double-check the results. Dr. Shaver always loves to see Dutch because he's so happy and has absolutely no stranger danger. He has a tiny bit of stranger shyness, but not much. I'm a little concerned that Dutch isn't talking much yet and shows little interest in walking. Dr. Shaver said not to worry yet. So I won't. He'll just do it in his own time and I've got to remember that.

More birthday pictures and videos to come!

5 comments:

Grandma Bailey said...

You need to remember that #1 Dutch was almost a month early and #2 he is a boy - both of which will make him a bit slower as far as the talking and walking thing. I wouldn't worry about him a bit. He is inquisitive, very busy and he does imitate some sounds. Besides, look at Noah - he didn't start talking until he was 2. Be careful what you wish for!

Heidi Noel said...

The anemia thing is normal because you are weaning him from formula that has added iron. I was always told to give my children vitamins with iron. I still do. (They have a liquid form for babies.) But, do what your doctor says.

Heidi Noel said...

Luke had the same low iron problem and didn't really start saying words until he was 16 months. It will come.

Cari said...

Careful with the iron. I have to take iron because I'm anemic, but if you or your children take too much it can do permanent damage. Love you!

Morgan said...

Don't worry, Sophie is the same age as Dutch and she isn't walking or talking either. :) I can't wait until her dr.'s appointment in a few weeks to see how big she is! I love all of the hair that Dutch has on his cute head!