Thursday, July 16, 2009

Bottle-Free Baby

I threw away all of Dutch's bottles. All the bottles, all the nipples, all the lids. They are gone. Every last one.

Here is why: I was talking to Chris about wanting to get Dutch away from bottles and that I wanted him to start using sippy cups exclusively. Outwardly Chris agreed, but inwardly he was plotting against me. Every time Dutch didn't want a sippy cup Chris would jump to the rescue, brandishing a bottle like a trophy. I began to suspect foul play. So I watched and waited. Chris ALWAYS gave Dutch a bottle, he wasn't giving him sippy cups at all!

Now that all of the bottles have been thrown away, Chris is going through a kind of withdrawal. Dutch, however, doesn't seem to care.

5 comments:

Anna said...

GO Pam Go!

I threw Connor's bottles away the night of his first birthday and plan to do the exact same thing with James. I know there's probably nothing seriously wrong with babies using bottles longer than a year...but come on. Before you know it your 3 year old still has a bottle in church (true story for WAY too many people in my ward).

pambelina said...

I know! Chris kept saying, he's only a year, he's only a year, but then it will be, he's only two. And before you know it I'm packing bottles for him to take to football camp.

Just Julie said...

This had to be the funniest post of yours I've read. Chris plotting against you, going through withdrawals with his trophy taken away. I'm still laughing at the image you created in my head!

Cari said...

You go girl - so proud!!

Morgan said...

oOh you make me laugh outloud! How funny that your situation is exactly what is going on at my house!