Thursday, December 4, 2008

I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas


Happy 5-Month Birthday to Dutch!

My favorite Christmas song, for those of you who want to know, is "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas." It makes me laugh and smile and I like to sing along really loud when it comes on the radio. Chris tolerates this remarkably and even downloaded the song so I could play it on my ipod.

Anyway, this got me to thinking about Dutch's stuffed animals. He has a lot of weird ones. He has a groundhog (we do live in Pennsylvania), a manatee, a platypus, and his favorite is his lion. He doesn't have a hippo though. That seems very sad to me because when I sing my Christmas song he has no idea what a hippopotamus is and that must make the song very confusing.

He always makes a face like he's confused, and I know it can't be my singing. Right?