Thursday, December 18, 2008

A Fit of Nostalgia

Today Dutch and I went to visit my old co-workers in AOCE at the University of Utah. It's not very often that I wish for things past, but today was one of those times. I worked at the U for over 3 years. I started out the first year Chris and I were married as a data entry clerk and, after a couple of years, was promoted to Program Coordinator. I loved working there. Not just because I loved the work (which I did), but because I had the best co-workers you could ask for. That's a huge part of every job and I became so close to those people they were like family.

As I was talking to them about Dutch and my life in Pittsburgh I got kind of sad. I wanted to stay and answer phones and help with filing and looking over an Exception to Policy form and decide whether to grant the exception or not. I wanted to sit and joke and go around and blow bubbles like I used to do every Friday (known by some people as Bubble Girl). I wanted to stay and stay and stay.

I have had bad jobs and I have had good jobs, but the greatest job I think I will ever have is the one that I had at the U.

1 comment:

K.E.N said...

I miss them too! I miss not being able to find Sam or Phil in the mornings because they are eating breakfast together. I miss sitting and folding transcript forms until my fingers were numb, but all the while laughing with Margo about something stupid a student did. I miss telling students that we don't offer degrees, or that I can't do anything about their grade or their instructor. I feel your pain, sister...I miss them too.