Thursday, December 11, 2008

Dutch and Rice Cereal




I forget if I blogged about this already, but Dutch is eating cereal. It's still sort of a process because he REALLY loves to blow raspberries while he's being fed, so it takes some time. At first he would spit out every other bite, but now he eats like a champ (and I mean that literally, a World-Class Food-Eating Champ, complete with encouraging coach saying "Just one more bite!"). It's kind of sad realizing how big he's getting. He is still refusing to roll over front to back (he's done it before, but won't anymore), but he loves to roll over back to front. Then he cries because he wants to be on his back again, so I flip him over and it begins again.

We leave for a Utah Christmas on Saturday morning. It's going to be a three day drive and I'm hoping that Dutch, Bo, and Chris all behave themselves. They all get a little antsy when they've been in the car too long and I'm hoping that I don't have to kill one of them. In the meantime I am packing and looking forward to spending some time with Chris. It's been a while since we've been able to spend quality time together.

5 comments:

Just Julie said...

Hey, I leave on Saturday morning, too! We'll definitely have to have lunch or dinner or something.

Also, I wanted to comment on how cute the pictures of Dutch were the other day but I couldn't somehow. But he's cute. Beyond cute. Adorable.

Heidi Noel said...

I will pray for you. I went to texas when Anneke was 9 months old and that was hard. I moved when Luke was almost 6 months old and that was hard. I can't imagine a 3 day drive with a 5 month old in a rear facing car seat!

Cari said...

We drove to Colorado and through Colorado and all over the place when Carlye and Sam were 5 months and 8 months and they did great. They still sleep quite a bit, and our kiddos liked their car seats, so it wasn't too bad. I hope that it goes well. I love you, and Merry Christmas!

Anna said...

We're getting ready to head out for a Utah Christmas as well...only a two day drive for us but I'm still a little anxious about it. Good luck!

Ash, O, Ava Jo and Demi Lu said...

He's such a cutie! And yeah for Utah Christmas!!! Good times!