Monday, October 20, 2008

Things You Might Not Know About Dutch

My friend Anna (she's Donny and Marie Osmond's niece) often updates everyone on things about her baby. Inspired by that I wanted to tell you some things about Dutch right now.

  • He eats about 50 bottles of formula a day (okay, I'm exaggerating, but not by much)
  • As of a couple of days ago he no longer has any interest in booby milk (too much information?)
  • He's wearing some 0-3 month clothing and some 3-6 month clothing
  • He still fits into some of his newborn pants/shorts because he has no butt
  • At night he sleeps anywhere from 8 to 12 hours
  • Most nights he goes to sleep without any help, but every once in a while he needs a car ride to help him into dreamland
  • When I sing to him he smiles and laughs
  • His favorite songs right now are "Baby Face" from "Thoroughly Modern Millie" and "You're Just Too Good To Be True" by The Four Seasons
  • His favorite pastimes include watching the news (he really does watch it!), eating his arm and/or hands, and watching his dinosaur rattle that Maggie gave to him
  • Noises make him laugh, especially blowing raspberries
  • Chris and Dutch seem to have some weird secret language that they talk to each other in all the time
  • When I pull out the camera or video-camera he immediately stops doing whatever it was I wanted to capture on film
  • Although he has his bad days, overall he is a very happy baby
And I'm one lucky mama!

2 comments:

Cari said...

That's a fun way to keep us up to date on Dutchie - and all daddy's have a secret language with their boys, I think. It's the only way they can keep up with us mommas and how much our boys love us!

Heidi Noel said...

i am sorry about the bottle preference. I hope that the pain goes away quickly.