Saturday, October 4, 2008

Dutch's 3-Month Birthday

Happy Three-Month Birthday to Dutch! It seems like only yesterday I was in terrible pain, speeding down the highway hoping to make it to the hospital in time. Ah, good times. Sometime next week Dutch will be getting his first set of professional photos taken. And by professional I mean the high school drop-out at Wal-Mart. (Just kidding, Julie. Not everyone who works at Wal-Mart is a high school drop-out) Also if you didn't receive a baby announcement for Dutch it's because we didn't send any out. If you did receive one then perhaps it's time to visit the doctor, because you are hallucinating.

I am trying to be a Cooking Wife. Some of you are already a Cooking Wife, or are married to a Cooking Wife. Chris used to be jealous when his friends had a Cooking Wife, because he, sadly, did not have one. On Thursday I made dinner and it turned out great, and tonight I made dinner and it turned out okay too. Chris had to go back and sauté the chicken a little longer, but other than that it turned out really well. Yes, Heather, I am using the many cookbooks you have given me and they are working out nicely.

That is all. Carry on with your lives.

4 comments:

Heidi Noel said...

Secrets to being a cooking wife:
*Recipes with no more than 10 ingredients (unless spices) because they are not hard and quick.
*George Forman grills are great
*Crockpots are fabulous! You put in all in in the morning, turn it on (don't forget this part, I have a time or two) and that night it is done.
*Have about 21 meals that you rotate. (I could only make 5 or 6 and finally after a year Andy got up the guts to ask if I had any other recipes.)
I know you didn't ask for advice, but these are things I learned along the way over the course of my nearly eight years of being a Cooking Wife. ;)
PS I hope Dutch takes better pictures than Anneke.
PPS Did you get the box, yet?

Cari said...

Happy Anniversary and 3 month birthday and congratulations on becoming a Cooking Wife. I am still not very good at the latter and struggle with it all of the time. I love and miss you!

grandpa davis said...

Happy 3 months Dutch! Love you!

Anna said...

Aah...to be a cooking wife. I have recently made an attempt to become one myself. So far...o.k. (especially if we can forget about the charcoal-like hamburgers I cooked for WAY TOO LONG).