Friday, August 8, 2008

Must...Have...Sleep

Okay, Bad Baby seems to have replaced Good Baby forever! Last night was another sleepless night, but I stayed up with him through it all. At about 6, however, I nearly dropped him because I was so tired and I realized it was time to call in the reinforcements. So I tagged Chris in to take over for a while. Dutch didn't sleep very much on Chris's watch and so we took him for a nice long ride in the car. Now he's asleep. He keeps crying out in his sleep, like he's having bad dreams or something, but he hasn't woken up yet. I'm just glad he's getting some rest.

Now if only Chris and I could...

2 comments:

K.E.N said...

He'll get it. Noah's pediatrician kept telling us that he'll start to figure out days and nights at 6 weeks-yeah right. I thought it would never happen...I'm not going to lie, it took a good month and a half to two months before he got it, but it does happen. Stick it out-well there's really nothing else you can do, I guess :) At times like that Eric always told me that we could always sell him...of course he was joking, but on those nights you don't sleep...;) Just love him and keep thinking that it doesn't last forever, because it really doesn't.

Grandma Bailey said...

Carianne was our worst sleeper. Daddy and I would put her in the car and she would go out immediately. I wanted to invent a motor for the crib that would vibrate the crib like the car! It would have been the only thing that would have ever made Carianne sleep. I remember when Sunshine was like 5 or 6 months old actually praying that I could have one nights full sleep. She was the worst. I am sorry. Does it help that Carianne still doesn't sleep very well? Hence the board when she was 1.