Monday, August 25, 2008

Ga-Ga and PopPop

My Mama and Daddy are coming to visit today from Rhode Island. In fact they should be here in the next couple of hours. It will be their first time meeting Dutchie and he's been so excited for them to come that he's already peed through 2 outfits! Okay, so it might not be excitement but that's what I keep telling myself so that I don't get mad at him for ruining his meet-PopPop clothes.

For those of you who don't know my niece Isabella gave my mom the nick-name Ga-Ga (you say it guh-guh) and I've decided that Dutch will call her that too. My Daddy, however, has been and always will be Grandpa Bailey to his grandkids. Not so with my son - he will call him PopPop whether Daddy likes it or not! The origin of that nick-name go back to Sam Kilts who lived next door to us when he was little. He would call my mom Grandma and my dad PopPop. Dad always hated it.

All I can say to him is, well Daddy at least it's not Boom-Pa!

2 comments:

Cari said...

Boom-Pa is definitely worse!

Heather said...

See I still love Boom-pa beacuse he hated that movie so much. But Pop-Pop will work. I will have to encourage Bella to call him that too! I am jealous and hope you visit is wonderful. I can't wait to see the lovely pictures.