Sunday, July 27, 2008

Smiles and Sighs


This is a picture of Chris and Dutch that our sweet neighbor Janet took.


My baby doesn't like to be swaddled. All the books and magazines say that he should, but if his hands are not able to reach his mouth he is inconsolable. We learned this last night when he wouldn't go to sleep and seemed to be crying for no reason. Chris suggested that we unwrap him and BOOM he was fine. Silly baby.

Last night there was a thunderstorm - no rain, just a bunch of thunder and lightning. When I went in to Dutch's room to feed him I saw him staring out the window at the lightning. It was amazing.

Early this morning when the sun was rising I was watching him sleep. It's so funny to see the range of emotions that he seems to experience in his sleep. He was smiling and frowning and sticking his tongue out and making angry faces, one right after the other. There are so many times that I wished I had a camera, but I knew that it would only wake him up if I put him down to go and get it.

I can't believe he's already three weeks old! It seems like yesterday that I was complaining about morning sickness and outgrowing my clothes. It's so crazy that I'm a mom, but I am so happy to have my little Dutchie.

3 comments:

Grandma Bailey said...

I am so glad that Janet has been over to fuss over the baby. Grandmas need that. My favorite part of watching you as babies was the wonder in your eyes. I wanted so badly to know what you were thinking. So you were the ones that sent the thunder! We have rain now too though.

Heidi Noel said...

I am amazed how much you are able to enjoy your baby. I love it! I wish that I could give one on one attention to each of my kids like I did with Marcus. Anyway, I want to see a picture of you soon if you can swing it.

Unknown said...

¡Che chabón tiene que soportar la cabeza del bebé! ¡No sabes nada che boludo! Jaja jota ka hermano mio. Pero en serio soportá la cabeza. ¿Como estás? ¿Y Dutch? ¡Me Rajo! Lates from your half Argintine brother!