Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Due Date

Happy Dutch-was-supposed-to-be-born-today Day!

We had an amazing night last night. He's more awake during the day and that helps him sleep really well at night. His eyes are getting lighter, which really surprises me. I expected his eyes to start turning brown, but they have gone from a dark metal-gray to a deep blue. Baby boy is also suffering from baby acne. I'm not sure what to do about it or what causes it, but it doesn't hurt him so that's good.

Today Great-Grandma May sent Dutchie a package with a very sweet card, some cute clothes, and (my favorite) a magnet that says "It's hard to be humble when you're Dutch." I laughed when I read it and I know that if he takes after his father it will be true. My mom-in-law Kellie has apologized more than once for my husband's incredibly high self-esteem.

It's a rainy day today. Very rainy. Pouring. Dutch is sleeping through the thunder and lightning, but I hope he wakes up soon. I want to see his reaction to rain. I think that's my favorite part about being a mom so far - I get to see everything like new again.

Sorry there haven't been any pictures lately. Chris is working hard at school and I just don't think to pick up the camera while I'm enjoying Dutch. We'll post some soon, I promise.

3 comments:

Cari said...

I was thinking of you today!!! Aren't we glad that our little firecracker came early? Oh, and baby acne is just like any other acne - oil from our hands or body, laundry detergent (Tide and Gain are the worst), etc. It'll go away quickly - all of mine had it, too! I'm glad that he's awake more during the day - how fun!

Anna said...

Pam, I am still jealous that you got to have your baby early. Connor was three weeks early but this time it looks like I'll be going all the way to Friday.

Baby acne clears up nice and fast but happens to most all babies. How fun that your little guy is sleeping more at night and being more awake during the day. It really is the best to see the world for the first time again through the eyes of your own little baby. Keep enjoying it!

Heidi Noel said...

You are such a good mom. You have things in perspective and don't take things for granted. I am so guilty of that and you inspire me.