Wednesday, July 16, 2008

It Fell Off!


This morning when I went to change Dutch's diaper I noticed that the little raisin passing for his umbilical cord was missing! Chris thinks that umbilical cords are disgusting and will be very excited when he gets home from school and notices that Dutch's is gone.

Dutch's Grandma Kellie was here last week and his Aunt Cari and cousin Nathanael are here this week. I was thinking that I haven't had to take care of the baby all by myself at all yet. I guess we'll see if I have what it takes next week!

Dutch gets the hiccups all the time. It makes me laugh because he NEVER got them in utero (that I noticed anyway). They don't seem to bother him very much, but sometimes he growls at them.

Since Carianne has been here Dutch has rolled over - TWICE. The first time it happened I thought that she had helped him, but the second time we were both on opposite sides of the room from him. He was doing his Tummy Time exercises and then just *flop* he was over on his back. Carianne and I were ecstatic, but Chris was skeptical, "Is that supposed to be cool?" he asked. When we explained that babies can't normally do that this early he just nodded. "He's a genius."

On a personal note, I haven't gotten much writing done since my little peanut came into the world. I have a deadline at the end of the month. I guess I'm just hoping that the story will write itself without my help. Starting today I will definitely try harder to get my writing time in, but I can't promise I won't be distracted by the amazing-ness that is my son.

3 comments:

Cari said...

He is quite amazing.

Grandma Bailey said...

Maybe you should write on the amazing-ness of your son. That might make things go faster. By the way he makes my 9th genius! I have very unique grandchildren - each a genius in their own way.

Heidi Noel said...

I am impressed his umbilical cord is already gone. Luke's took about 2 months and started to rot. YUCK! That may gross Chris out more.