Sunday, July 6, 2008

Fourth of July Fireworks


Here's the scene: A sunny day in Palmyra, New York about 5 hours from home, 19 days before the baby is due. We're planning on spending the Fourth of July watching fireworks in Niagara Falls. I walk to the bathroom. I immediately walk back out of the bathroom.

"We need to go home," I say to my husband. "My water broke."
"Are you sure?"
"Yes I'm sure! I didn't just wet my pants!"

We go to the hotel and pick up our stuff and haul tail home. My water broke at 12:30 pm. My contractions start about 1:30 pm. We get to the hospital at 6pm. Dutch comes into the world at 6:35 pm. (This after being told that I would probably be late and have an incredibly long labor. Liars.)

My family likes to say that I have a flare for the dramatic. Apparently it runs in the family.

Please note: The picture was taken shortly after he was born. He's much cuter now with lighter hair and that bruise is fading (he decided to come face up instead of face down so he had a little bump). I'll add more pictures when I can. In the meantime, enjoy this video.

8 comments:

Heather said...

Oh he is so adorable! Thank you for the video it is great to see him. I miss you both so much!

Cari said...

What a beautiful baby! I love him so much already! Good job you two!

Heidi Noel said...

OHHHH!!! Chris sounds so cute talking to him. Well done! Now, to get off track a bit. How did you upload the video? Mine won't work and it is frustrating me.

Grandma Bailey said...

I am so proud to be the grandmother of 9 beautiful grandchildren. I am also happy to hear the doting grandma Kelli!
We love you so much

Ash, O, Ava Jo and Demi Lu said...

Oh pam! he is beautiful!!! I'm so glad you have blog too!!! I joined the bandwagon last year...finally! And I am preggers now..due in October...Can't believe we're having babies already!

Hayden said...

How amazingly dang cute is he? He is super adorable. Wish I could see him and hold him. Why did you guys have to move again? We miss you tons and wish you the best. Let us know if you ever need anything- even though I am far far away, I am a great listener to all the baby struggles! Love ya.

Morgan said...

Pam!! I am so happy for you- I randomly checked your blog and was shocked to see you had the little guy already! Congrats.. and I must say, I am a bit jealous. I have 3 weeks to go and I am WISHING mine would come early like yours did! :)
Morgan Hopkins (crabtree) :)

Just Julie said...

"Are you sure?" That's great.
Wow! Dutchy sure is cute!