Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Dutch's Favorite Person

When I was little my favorite person in the entire world was my great-grandmother, whom I called Omi. We had an instant connection and I believe she watches over me still. Sometimes that happens.


Dutch, for instance, has absolutely adored Chris's dad, Greg, since birth pretty much. He calls him Bah and is eerily aware of everything that has to do with Greg. The other day we drove past a car like Greg's and Dutch was devastated when I didn't follow it so he could see Bah. If we tell him we're going over to Bah and Honey's house, but take a different route, or make a stop along the way Dutch freaks out. He knows how to get to Greg and Kellie's house! Lately every time he gets ready for the day he'll tell me, "Ready! Bah's!" I explain that we're not going to see Bah because Bah is at work. Dutch says, louder, "Bah!" as if by raising his voice it will somehow make it true.

I'm glad Dutch has someone he loves so much, and I'm sometimes VERY grateful I'm not his favorite person; it looks exhausting!

No comments: