Monday, April 4, 2011

The Cabin

We spent this last weekend up at the cabin in Midway. It got me thinking about all of the great memories I have there. The cabin has been a big part of our family (and my relationship with Chris) from the very beginning. Here are a few highlights:

March 2003
It was Spring Break at Snow College and Chris invited me up to visit him. We had a really great time. This is when Chris says he fell in love with me.

October 2003
We spent our honeymoon at the cabin (if you can call it that). We got married on a Friday and had to be back to work and school on Monday. Grandma and Grandpa Morgan loaded the cabin with food and goodies, but Chris didn't think they were for us (they were).

August 2007
Our tiny little dachshund, Coco, died of complications from her spaying. Chris and I were both heartbroken and wanted to bury her someplace really special. Zaque came up with us and helped us place her next to the cabin.

There are a lot more memories, but I either can't remember the exact dates, or they happen annually. I've shared the cabin with 2 of my sisters, 1 of my brothers-in-law, and four of my nieces and nephews (five, if you count Evie being in utero). We've had great times up there with different groups of friends (some had more fun than others). We've gone up there almost every General Conference and enjoyed the time together as a family. Dutch loves it; Bo loves it; and it's one of the only places where Chris relaxes completely.

We love the cabin and are so glad that we're able to go there, even though we wish it could be more often!

No comments: