Thursday, February 24, 2011

My Little Sweetie

Today Dutch's teacher, Carla, pulled me aside when I came to pick him up. "Uh-oh," I thought, "he beat up another kid."

She said, "I just wanted to let you know how much we love having Dutch in our class. Molly [a little girl in the class] started crying today and Dutch went over and gave her a hug. He's so sweet!"

I've been worried for a LONG time that Dutch will be a bully because he's so much bigger than the other kids and has a tendency to hit when he's angry. (He's also incredibly bossy.) Today made me re-think that. He's always very concerned when other people are crying and he does what he can to make it better.

Hopefully he'll grow out of the hitting, but keep the sensitivity to others!

2 comments:

Grandma Bailey said...

A lot of the reason he hits is because he is frustrated. I am sure he will outgrow most of this as he can express himself. He has always been sensitive. When you and I were tearing up over a movie, he didn't know which way to turn and who to comfort first and he was only 1. It is a big part of him. I am sure it will always be with him.

Shelley said...

That is so cute. It's moments like hose that make you wish there were hidden cameras so you could see it.