Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A List for Tuesday

Five Reasons I Love Valentine's Day

1. Chris brought me home some beautiful purple and white daisies - my favorite.
2. I'll get to make some Valentine's for Dutch's toddler class, and nothing is more fun than making Valentine's for little kids!
3. Chris loved the present I got for him (a beautiful picture of the Flatiron Building in New York City, one of his favorite buildings).
4. I loved seeing all the guys coming out of the grocery store with plastic cones of flowers for their girlfriends or moms or wives or daughters.
5. It's the one day a year when you can give someone a heart made out of construction paper and it will totally make their day!

1 comment:

Grandma Bailey said...

I love hearts. I guess it is because they come in red and pink, usually, but I also love the shape. Your father walked in on Saturday with a bouquet of daisies, daylilies and big yellow mums (the closest he could come to sunflowers this time of year). He had completely forgotten it was Valentines Day and he was bucking the trend of Red flowers. He wanted something Spring-like to brighten up our winter doldrums.