Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Mess With My Kid and I'll Shove You Down

It was such a beautiful day today.  Dutch and I went to the park with my friend Anna Lisa and her two kids.  Samisi, who is 4, was SO good and let Dutch follow him around and played so well with him.  Then, when Dutch was chasing after Samisi, two big kids (probably about 5 and 7 years old) came and PUSHED DUTCH DOWN!  I was too far away to smack them, so I did the next best: I threatened them.  This is what I said to them:

"Hey!  Don't shove my kid down!  Do you want me to come over there and shove you down?"

Then the 7-year-old said something saucy that I couldn't here, but they ran away quick like a bunny.  The two boys (who are probably home-schooled) went and started picking on another little kid that turned out to be their brother.  Later, when we were on the playground I saw the mother of those boys and she was wearing socks (like gym socks) with high heeled loafers, so she obviously had issues of her own to deal with.  She looked like she was going to say something to me, so I arched my eyebrow and waited.  She lost her nerve.

So the moral of the story is: don't mess with my kid or I'll shove you down.

4 comments:

Heather said...

I would have done the same thing. Well that is not exactly true I would have actually pushed the kids down or threatened to kill them. Then again Evie holds her own and will push kids (no matter the age) back.
Oh and thanks for the visual on the Mom - she sounds awesome!

Heidi Noel said...

I giggled out loud. high heeled loafers are bad enough, but to add socks is appalling not to mention gym socks!!! You are scary when you get angry. My kids are scared of you...just kidding.

Just Julie said...

Home-schooled with a mom who wears gym socks with heeled loafers--as if being home-schooled wasn't going to be a big enough hurdle to overcome in and of itself! Awesome mom (that's referring to you, not the sock-wearing one)!

Anna said...

One time, when I was 8 months pregnant with James, some horrible children pushed Connor down as they ran by him. It set me off, and I took off after them, stood right in front of them (literally my big old pregnant belling was less than an inch from their snarly faces). I pointed my finger right in their mugs and told them horrible things that made one of them cry. The only thing I felt bad about afterwards was that I didn't regret my actions like the rest of society tells me I should have. Oh well.