Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Mean Postal Man

I am the first person to admit when my kid is being a turd.  However, when he isn't being a jerk I don't want people complaining about him being a jerk.  We were at the post office today, a post office we've gone to since we moved here in December.  The ONE postal worker there is named Ray.

Today Ray went on my "I am never going to like you" list.  Dutch was being SO good, especially for him.  He was wandering around, but not touching anything, not yelling, not doing ANYTHING that could be construed as naughty.  And I hear Ray say to the ONLY OTHER PATRON in the whole place, "Children shouldn't be allowed in the post office."

If I weren't a lady I would have called him a bad name, but I didn't.  Instead I said, "I'm sorry my son annoys you, but what do you expect me to do, leave him home with our blind dog?"

I didn't wait for him to answer.

3 comments:

Just Julie said...

Did you really say that, because I think that is awesome!

pambelina said...

Yes I did.

Morgan said...

Oh Pam, that made me laugh outloud! I would have wanted to kick him in the crotch! What a jerk!