Monday, March 22, 2010

For My Crazy Sister Cari

Who Are You Really?

Favorite color: It's so funny because I don't think I have one.  I was going to write a list of colors I gravitate toward, but I realized it was the entire rainbow!  I think I look good wearing red.  I like to buy bright things for Dutch, like oranges.  Chris looks good in greens.  And I've always wanted a kitchen that's robin's egg blue.

Earliest Memory: It's fuzzy, but I remember going to my grandparent's house on Spaceway Drive in San Antonio.  I was afraid of Grandma, but I saw Omi (my great-grandmother) standing just behind Grandma and ran to her.

Favorite Christmas: Hmmm, this was a hard one.  I've had a lot that I loved, but the most memorable was probably the year I went to Texas and stayed with my sister Carianne.  Carlye was born while I was there and it was pretty awesome.

Favorite Book(s): I have so many, but here are five of them: The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Orczy, The Wood Wife by Terri Windling, Haroun and the Sea of Stories by Salman Rushdie, The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale, and The House of Mirth by Edith Wharton

Favorite Movie of all Time: It completely depends on my mood. Here are five of my favorites: Big Fish, Pride and Prejudice, The Scarlet Pimpernel, Li'l Abner, and Disney's Hercules.

What do you collect? Why or why not?: Probably journals and notebooks (stop laughing Daddy).  I'm not sure why.  There's just something so promising about an empty book waiting to be filled.  Although as time goes on I've become much more discerning about which ones I'll buy (and the price attached to them).

Guilty Pleasure: I'm going to have to say watching Legend of the Seeker on Hulu.com.  It's a TV show based on some fantasy books.  It's something Chris would make fun of me for if he knew (so no one tell him).

The Way You Would Spend the Day If You Could: I would hole myself up at a cabin, sit in front of a window and write on a typewriter.  I'm sure it's much better as a fantasy than in actuality.  In my day-dreams the words always flow easily, whereas they probably wouldn't in real life.

When You Would Have Lived If You Could (time period): I am absolutely in love with the 40s and 50s fashion.  I have even been told by strangers that I have such a vintage look to me.  I probably wouldn't have been able to handle the expected subservience of women, however, so I'll just stick to buying vintage!

Something People Would Be Surprised to Know About You: I like to shop when I'm upset and I LOVE making lists of things.  Both are probably mental illnesses, but I don't care.

If You Could Travel Anywhere In the World Where Would You Go: Back to London.  I could live in England for the rest of my life and not mind at all.  I would also like to visit every famous library in the world.

No comments: