Monday, March 29, 2010

The Laptop Incident, or, If I Didn't Kill Him For This, I Never Will

The other day I went in to take a shower, leaving Dutch in the front room. I was pretty certain I'd done a good job of ridding the room from anything Dutch could destroy.  Oh how wrong I was.  Ten minutes I was gone.  TEN MINUTES!  And I came out to find this:


For those of you wondering what exactly you're looking at: this is my laptop.  The white spaces are where Dutch pulled the keys off.  Yes, that's right.  He took his little monkey fingers and pried off over two dozen of my keys.  And here they are in a rubbermaid container:


It's sort of funny now.  Sort of.  At the time the only thing I could think to do was put Dutch safely in his crib, shut his door and move to the other side of the apartment so I didn't inflict any bodily harm.  The question I keep coming back to is: Why?  Why did he do this?  But, even more importantly, how can a kid who can barely hold a fork have the dexterity to snap off keys from a very flat keyboard?

Some things we may never know.

1 comment:

Cari said...

Ohhhhhh! I am so sorry! You do have a Noah and an Anneke. And for your first child! It just seems so unusually strange and unfair - but (I am sorry to say) hilariously funny, too!