Wednesday, October 20, 2010

My Husband is a Super-Hero

I've been thinking a lot in the past few weeks how much I love my husband and all the things he does for me and Dutch and Bo.  He has a high-stress job under a boss who doesn't say anything unless he's done something wrong, so he rarely gets thanked for anything he does.  He works about 60 hours a week and then comes home to an often misbehaving, high-spirited two-year-old, a blind dog who bumps into him at every turn, and a pregnant wife who complains about how much she hates being a stay-at-home mom.

Talk about rough.

Add to that the fact that he usually takes over all Dutch and Bo duties so I can lay down, or throw up, in peace.  He makes dinner for himself and Dutch because I can't stand the sight of food.  He lets me go to bed at a ridiculously early time and handles all of Dutch's going to bed drama all by himself.  He fixes anything that's been broken throughout the day.  He often does a lot of the cleaning.

In short, he does everything I can't or haven't done.  Which is a lot lately.  Hopefully soon I will be feeling better and can make it up to him.  Until then, just know that I married a super-hero.

2 comments:

Just Julie said...

Where can I get one of those? Just kidding...sort of.
Hope you get to feeling better soon!

Shelley said...

I am so excited for you! I'm crossing my fingers I get to buy you a bunch of cute pink things that will only be usable for about a week!

I hope she gets your imagination! I would think it would be pretty fun to raise a little you!