Friday, October 22, 2010

Happy Late Birthday Carianna-Nana-Banana!

I have three older sisters and I love and miss them all.  Yesterday was my oldest sister's birthday.  Her name is Carianne, but I call her Nan, which is short for Carianna-Nana-Banana, which is what I used to call her.  Although we are six years apart people mistake us for twins every time we are together.  I see this as a compliment (because Nan looks like a little girl, not because I look 6 years older than I am).

See what I mean?  Well yesterday was Nan's birthday, which I remembered all day long, but didn't have the chance to blog or call.  I didn't want her to think I don't love her, because I absolutely do.  So this post is all about her.

A few years ago I had a nervous breakdown and Carianne was one of the people who came to help Chris and I pick up the pieces.  I don't remember a lot from that time.  I do remember that we ate Lion House rolls, that she vacuumed (because Chris appreciated it SO much), and that she cuddled and held me a lot.  (Side-note: She brought her son Noah with her and that's when Bo got his nick-name Bo the Wonder Dog.  It's also when Chris decided that we could have kids, if they were like Noah.  Careful what you wish for!)  Even though that was a horrible time in my life, I only remember how loved I felt.  It really helped my relationship with Nan grow.

On top of being one of my three favorite sisters, she's Super Mom.  I'm not kidding.  Anyone who knows her even a little bit knows what an amazing mom she is.  When any of us have kid problems we look to her for help.  I keep telling her to write parenting books, but she feels that years in the trenches don't compare to a Ph.D., but I beg to differ!  No one cares what some Ph.D. worked up in a lab; mamas want tried and true methods that really work.  And that's what Nan is a genius at giving you.

I miss all my sisters at different times and in different ways.  I wish we could all live on the same street; I'll even settle for the same state!  Even a big one!  Until then this blog will have to do.

I love you, Nan.  Happy birthday!

1 comment:

Cari said...

I love u so much! Your blog made me cry like a baby. I miss u all too!