Friday, August 7, 2009

My 15 Books

My sister wanted to know the first 15 books I can think of that have changed me. Here they are:

1. The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Orczy
2. Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen
3. The House of Mirth by Edith Wharton
4. The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale/Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine
5. The First Five Pages by Noah Lukeman
6. The Wood Wife by Terri Windling
7. The Magic Circle by Donna Jo Napoli
8. Ivanhoe by Sir Walter Scott
9. Stonewords: A Ghost Story by Pam Conrad
10. The Tale of Despereaux by Kate DiCamillo
11. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
12. The Princess Bride by S. Morgenstern, a.k.a. William Goldman
13. The Paper Bag Princess by Robert Munsch
14. To the Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf
15. The Portable Dorothy Parker

1 comment:

Grandma Bailey said...

I find it very interesting that each of us has such different tastes in books. The thing is as I look at your list and Heidi's I think - Oh, Yeah! I love that book. Unfortunately it wasn't the top 50 or 100 books that influenced my life. Hence my different list tomorrow.