Sunday, August 2, 2009

Happy Birthday Uncle Frank!

Today is my Uncle Frank's birthday and I wanted to wish him a happy birthday. Here are some things that I remember about him.
  • When Chris first met Uncle Frank he was a little intimidated by his size and has called him "Uncle Frank the Tank" ever since.
  • It was so nice to have Uncle Frank, Aunt Marianne and the girls around while I was planning my wedding. They were all so excited about it and made it really fun.
  • When I was little I would spend a lot of time at their house during the summer and I remember that every day when Uncle Frank got home from work the girls would line up on the stairs and he would catch them.
  • At dinner he would open up all of the mail with a butter knife.
  • He read the newspaper over breakfast.
  • He explained to the girls and me that Omi didn't approve of using the jam spoon to spread it around on your bread. You had to put it on your bread and then use your knife to spread it around.
  • Aunt Marianne and Uncle Frank taught me a lot about love that I didn't know.
  • The two of them have "become one" over time so it's hard to have a memory of one without the other.
It's not 57 things, but I wanted to share some of my favorite memories. I love you Uncle Frank and I'm so glad to have you in my life!

2 comments:

Annemarie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Annemarie said...

i love your list pam, you thought of even more things that we didn't. i know daddy loved it too. my favorite is definitely uncle frank the tank