Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A Few New Tricks

Dutch can now go up and down the one step from the living room into the (carpeted) office. The way he gets down is he puts his hands in front of him and falls forward until he face-plants it. The first time he did this I panicked a little, but after the third or fourth time I realized he was doing it on purpose. He gets up the step the usual way, one leg at a time.

Clapping is a new favorite past-time. If I tell him to call Bo he'll clap his hands a couple of times. If I clap for Bo, he claps too. If I put on some music and dance then he'll clap as he dances.

As far as talking is concerned, he isn't doing much of it. When he says "a-nana" (banana) he means food in general. When he says "Da-da" I'm not sure what he means, because sometimes he's talking about himself and sometimes he's talking about Chris and sometimes he's talking about something else entirely. He does make noise all the time, just nothing coherent.

Speaking of him making noise, he's begun "reading" to himself. He'll pull a book off his shelf and go sit somewhere and coo and babble while he turns the pages. It's cute and very funny. It makes me so proud.

1 comment:

Ash, O, Ava Jo and Demi Lu said...

Lol...Ava does that same thing with the clapping and dancing! And the reading to herself. If I try to read to her now, she grabs the book out of my hands so she can read it instead. She isn't "speaking" much either besides "Da-da" and "mum" to which she doesn't yet know who goes with what.