Thursday, August 13, 2009

Dutch, the Extra Naughty Version

Someone has taken my Good Baby and replaced him the an Extra Naughty one. Extra Naughty (or EN for short) is not at all like my Good Baby (GB). They look the same, of course, and have the same smile and laugh, but that's where the resemblance ends. EN screams 99% of the time. He has several different ones. One that sounds like a hawk, one that sounds like a pterodactyl, one that sounds like a car engine. When EN is feeling extra extra naughty he does all three in succession. For hours on end. In places where we should be quiet. Like the library.

EN gets into things that GB knows not to get into. Like Daddy's desk, Mama's purse, and the grown-up bookshelf. Baby proofing has no effect on EN at all. I think his extra naughtiness also gave him extra brain-power, because he's smart!

So I'm doing my best to love and tolerate Extra Naughty, but I pray every day (every hour, sometimes) that whoever took my Good Baby will return him to me soon.

Because I really miss him.

1 comment:

Anna said...

I think your good baby has gone off somewhere with my sweet baby...and replaced him with the same SCREAMER!!!