Saturday, May 16, 2009

A Wonderful Week

Although Chris posted pictures and a video of our week I still want to tell you all about it. We went to the zoo and the aquarium on Tuesday and had a really great time. My favorite part by far was watching the baby elephant breastfeed (not as gross as it sounds). It was so magical to see. I also thought it was interesting that she had black hair on her head, just like the baby elephant in Disney's cartoon The Jungle Book! Dutch spent most of his time people-watching and flirting with anyone who looked at him. Although he did watch the fish when we were in the aquarium and he seemed to like the penguins.

Wednesday we went on a Ducky Tour. I have to admit I was a bit wary of this. I wasn't sure that it would be fun, but Chris REALLY wanted to do it. So we did it. And it was fun! Dutch was very snuggly, which he never is, and so it was even more fun for me! Chris got to drive the boat in the water and thought that was just about the coolest thing ever. We would definitely do it again were it not so expensive (they even charged for Dutch!).

Thursday we went to the Children's Museum and Phipps Conservatory. The Children's Museum, other than the Mr. Roger's Neighborhood replica, was underwhelming. Dutch was still just a little too young to enjoy 90% of it. Maybe we'll go back when he can walk. Phipps Conservatory was amazing! It was huge and beautiful and they had a butterfly garden that I went through, TWICE. I loved all of the flowers and the gorgeous glass-blown statues they had in the gardens. I could have easily spent an entire day there without even noticing. It was incredibly hot and humid, however, and that made Chris uncomfortable. I would love to go back again!

And that was our week of adventure. Are you jealous?

No comments: