Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A List for Tuesday

Five Reasons Why Librarians Might Hate Me

1. I have no control over the volume of my son's voice.
2. I ask possibly terrifying questions like, "Do you have any books on witch dismemberment in Medieval Germany?"
3. When they don't have the book I want I let them know that their selection might be lacking in that particular subject (even if it's under-water basket-weaving).
4. Apparently they don't want you to bully the little kids in the children's section. "Just read this! It's good! You'll like it! Take it!"
5. They disapprove of my vocal reviews of the books the people in front of me are checking out. "Oh, you like his books? I really hated how he killed the protagonist at the end."

2 comments:

Grandma Bailey said...

Way to charm the librarians Pam.

Cari said...

Remind me not to take you to the library here - they already hate me.