Saturday, May 9, 2009

The Park Diner

Most of you who have visited me have had the opportunity of eating at The Park. It is this fabulous little 50's-inspired diner with really delicious shakes and burgers. They also have the most delicious cinnamon roll French toast that is absolutely to die for!

I'm sorry I realize that I said it is a fabulous diner, I should have said was. You see Chris and I drove by yesterday and their sign outside said that they had closed THE DAY BEFORE! That's right, not only did our favorite place to eat close down, but we didn't even get to have a last meal there. I'm understandably upset and I wanted to share this injustice with you, my faithful blog readers.

You know what they say, misery loves company. And I want you to be sad that The Park closed down.

Now be sad.

That's not very good, but I'll accept it.


P.S. Happy birthday to Melodie Winn Ware!

3 comments:

Just Julie said...

I had the pleasure of eating there twice, where the bell was rung twice, and now I am doubly sad with you at its closing.

Cari said...

Nathanael will be devastated.

Grandma Bailey said...

I am absolutely crushed. The cinnamon roll french toast was worth gaining every bit of the 40 pounds it put on you! It was truly the most heavenly thing I have ever eaten in my life and their shakes and root beer floats weren't anything to sneer at. It was the one restaurant that even Daddy loved! Truly a tragedy!