Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Follow the Leader

I'm having a very hard time getting things done, for a few reasons. Dutch is mobile now and has started following whoever is moving. Most of the time this is Bo, but if I go to the door, he'll creep after me (and he's surprisingly fast). Chris said that he'll take the wheels off the walker so I can contain Dutch, but that hasn't happened yet. I feel bad keeping him in his swing for too long, but I can't get anything done while he's on the floor. Tonight we have a couple of guys coming over for dinner and Chris is in class all day so cleaning and cooking is all up to me, as well as keeping an eye on Mr. I-Want-To-Eat-The-Dog's-Food-Every-Chance-I-Get.

On top of that I've been really struggling lately. It was SO nice to have my mom and dad here because I was actually able to exercise and write and get things done without feeling like Dutch was being neglected. After they left I was pretty depressed though. I really miss having other adults to talk to. Lately Chris is in school for 10 hours a day and I don't have any friends here (and I'm not exaggerating, my closest friend is in New York. Hi Julie!). I keep trying to find a project or a schedule, or SOMETHING to render my days meaningful, whereas right now they pass in such similarity that I forget what day it is.

I'm not having a pity-party, I'm just frustrated and needed time to vent. I love being a mom and all that, but I miss the days when I would put Dutch on the floor and he would stay right there. I miss having friends to spend time with during the day and I really miss having the structure of a 9 to 5 job. No matter what I do I can't seem to get any organization in my life!

3 comments:

Just Julie said...

Sounds like I need to come out for a visit!
Love you.

Cari said...

Get an exersaucer - they don't roll, but they rock a tiny bit to help with balance, and he can turn in 360 degree circles to see everything thats going on. Seriously - you'll love it.

Heidi Noel said...

It gets easier, but it is never the same. It is just a new kind of normal. I learned to get up early and do the things I needed while the kids were napping. I am not so OCD anymore because I can't be for sanity reasons.