Monday, June 30, 2008

Sausage Feet

Last night ended my five day residency for my second semester of my Writing Popular Fiction Master's. It was amazing and informative and fun... and every night I came home with swollen sausage feet. By the last day I had sausage fingers too and I've been so sore that it's not that fun to try to get around today. I've been doing everything right though! I cut down my salt and sodium intake, I put my feet up at night and try to stay off of them. STILL I have sausage fingers and feet!

Dutch was the big celebrity of the residency. Everyone asked me when I was due and what his name was and no one touched my tummy without asking permission first! I thought that was very thoughtful of them. Also, all of my fellow writers LOVED his name! I guess it speaks to us trying to find unique character names.

The down side to this whole thing was that I spent most of my time with a really sore back and was way more irritable because of that. Luckily I didn't make anyone cry, so that was good!

Now that the residency is over this baby can come anytime - the sooner the better as far as I'm concerned!

3 comments:

Heidi Noel said...

I am glad that it is over and all us well. How are your many manuscripts coming?

Cari said...

TELL YOUR DOCTOR! I was Mrs. Flintstone with my first, too, and it is such a pain! I love you, and I can't wait to read more of your stuff - it's always soo good!

Anna said...

Pregnancy swelling...Oh Heavens, what fun.

When I was pregnant with Connor I gained so much weight in swelling the last month and a half or so. It was miserable.

Good luck!