Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A List for Tuesday

10 Reasons I Love the Rain
(in no particular order)

1. There is nothing better than waking up to the sound of rain on the roof or hitting against my window.
2. It waters my flowers for me and, because I'm lazy, I like having one less thing to do.
3. It's perfect puddle-jumping weather.
4. One of the only times I can wear my rain boots without people giving me weird looks (lucky for Dutch he wears his rain boots all the time without caring what others think).
5. The world always smells delicious after a good rainfall.
6. It makes me want to curl up with a book and a cup of hot chocolate next to an open window.
7. I'm always inspired to write after listening to the rain for any length of time.
8. There is nothing more wonderful than a Texas thunderstorm.
9. Warm rain is the most fun natural phenomenon in the world!
10. Umbrellas are a cute accessory but I look crazy if I carry one every day - this isn't London, after all!

What do you like about the rain?

2 comments:

Grandma Bailey said...

You have always love puddle jumping. Here it isn't even tempting - too cold. Maybe because it just rains too much.

Grandma Bailey said...

You have always love puddle jumping. Here it isn't even tempting - too cold. Maybe because it just rains too much.