Monday, April 30, 2012

Baby Dane's 1 Year Well-Baby Visit

*Birthday pictures will resume on Wednesday*

Picture by Jodi

Today I took Dane to his 1 year appointment with our pediatrician. I've been thinking of getting a new one lately. While I like Dr. Lash okay I really don't like his nurses or MAs or whatever they are, and since they're the ones handing out the shots I am really considering moving on to someone new. Suggestions are welcome.

Here are Dane's stats:
Weight: 19 lbs 4 oz (putting him in the 6th percentile)
Length: 28 1/2 in (putting him in the 10th percentile)
Head Circumference: 44.8 cm (putting him in the 10th percentile)

So he's small, but healthy. He's gaining weight consistently and he's okayed to go from formula to milk. (Side-note: Chris has two favorite milestones; when the baby can hold his own bottle and when the baby goes from formula to milk.) His iron levels are good and the only concern the doctor had was about Dane's eczema. This bubs has super sensitive skin! Poor guy had to get his blood drawn and 4 shots today. The nurse nicked him really good and he bled pretty badly (one of the reasons I don't like her). Luckily I had given him some Tylenol just before he got the shots so on the car ride home he fell asleep.

When he woke up he was SO happy! It's like he didn't even remember what had happened. I cannot believe how lucky I am to have such a happy guy.

He's SO close to walking and he loves to talk and babble all the time. He still won't clap, but loves to wave bye-bye (especially to his Jenel) and I guess now I'm supposed to teach him how to point. Who comes up with these milestones?

Just for fun here are Dutch's stats from his 1 year baby appt:
Weight: 27 lbs 12 oz (95th percentile)
Length: 31 1/2 in (95th percentile)
Head Circumference: 47 cm (75th percentile)

2 comments:

Heidi Noel said...

Mal only weighs a pound less than him and he is in the 4%, hmm...

pambelina said...

It's because she's older, Heidi.