Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A List for Tuesday

I like fairy tales, this you know. Out of support for the genre I watch Once Upon a Time and Grimm. I have issues with both of these shows. Since I have nowhere else to vent, you're getting it here!

10 Things That Bug Me About Once Upon A Time
1. The whole premise is suppose to be that in the real world there are no happy endings. So why at the end of almost every episode do the people live happily ever after?
2. Prince Charming and Snow White are having in affair. I'm not okay with that.
3. Regina/Evil Queen is SO one-dimensional. Is she just pure evil? Because that's boring.
4. Could we put Emma in some pants that don't look like they were painted on?
5. They killed off the only good-looking guy in the whole town.
6. Why does everything have to be such a big mystery? I know it's from the same guys who did Lost, but it annoys me to have to guess about nearly everything important.
7. Emma has very little personality.
8. The kid who plays Henry can't act.
9. The pictures in the story book are ugly! There was a great opportunity to do something amazing and they just little it slip by.
10. The scenes in the fairy tale world are almost always super-cheesy.

10 Things That Bug Me About Grimm
1. Monroe is the only character I like.
2. They need to add a female lead who isn't a whiny wet blanket like Juliet.
3. There's no character development at all.
4. Could we kill Juliet already? She serves no purpose I can see.
5. There are countless fairy tales out there and halfway through the first season they inexplicably based an episode off of Steinbeck's Of Mice and Men. What?
6. Nick needs to have more than one emotion.
7. More Monroe!
8. Seriously, ADD MORE WOMEN!
9. A little less blood and gore, please.
10. The writing is good, but it needs to take it up a notch if they want anyone to watch after this season.

People at ABC and NBC please address these concerns immediately or I might have to quit watching. Grimm especially is on the way off my watch list if stuff doesn't change soon.

4 comments:

Grandma Bailey said...

While we are griping about 'shows' - I watched "Groundhog Day" - like I do every year at this time. This year it bugged me because it is way too light at 6:00 am. Pam will back me up on this one - but this time of year it is dark at 6:00 in the morning. At 7 in the it is just barely light. Anyway that is my gripe. I don't watch Grimm or Once Upon a Time because they are on after my bedtime. I really don't watch any shows during the school year because of seminary.

Cari said...

Hmm - definitely some good points. I can say that #1 is happening because Emma is breaking the spell - that is why there are happy endings now. Carl and I have discussed #2, and he says they aren't the ones having an affair because they are the ones really married, it's the other women who is the 'mistress' if you will. It does, however, create episodes Carye isn't allowed to watch because of the whole confusion of it all. I really have no argument against the rest. As for Grimm, I really like it so far, but I went in expecting VERY little, so it wasn't hard to meet my expectations! And Monroe is my favorite, too!

Heidi Noel said...

I stopped watching Grimm about 5 episodes in. It was too bloody and not light like I wanted it to be. Agree with most of your "Once" gripes. I was really hoping that Graham would somehow not be really dead but then we would reach soap opera levels instead of fairy tale. I still like "Once Upon a Time" but Andy won't watch it with me because he doesn't like the fairy tale scenes.

Julianna said...

I am just always so confused by Once upon a time. Nothing is ever resolved, is it going to be seasons upon seasons of nothing getting anywhere? I always feel like texting you and seeing if you can explain to me what is going on! :) And I agree with all your complaints against it. Especially Emma's clothes and personality.