Monday, January 31, 2011

Weekend Update

Chris got home early from work on Wednesday and had the whole day off Thursday and Friday, so we had an extra-long weekend! Pretty much the entire weekend was spent cleaning, organizing, moving, and going through every single thing that we own. We made the decision to stay in our two-bedroom apartment for another year and that required some creative thinking of how we're going to fit Baby Jack's eventual stuff into our place. We donated literally a dozen garbage bags to DI and the house feels so spacious now. We put a few things in storage (even with the storage unit our rent is still less than we would pay to move).  We also bought a brand new kitchen table and chairs!  Hooray!

Saturday morning Hayden gave me a much-needed break and took me, for my birthday, to the Desert Star Theatre's production "Back From the Future." It was hilarious! All that they do there is parodies. I'd never been, so it was great to be able to go with Hayden.

Poor Dutch is sick. All last week he was quiet and still, which first tipped me off that something was wrong. If he's not going a mile a minute then you KNOW he's not feeling good. On Saturday he started coughing, had watery eyes, and had a runny nose. Poor baby. It makes me sad not to be able to do anything about it!

Yesterday we had to stay home from church because Dutch was sick, which ended up being fortuitous because I got REALLY sick. The entire day all I felt like doing was moaning. I couldn't get comfortable and I couldn't keep anything down. It was miserable. I haven't had a bad day like that for a long time. It makes me appreciate my good days even more!

No comments: