Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Miracle of Speech Therapy

I don't think I gush nearly enough about Dutch's Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) Abby.  She's amazing!  This last week her miracle went above and beyond all previous miracles though.

Last March or April Dutch stopped calling me Mama.  I'm not sure why, there was never an explanation, but one day I was Daddy.  And so was Chris.  So when he would call Daddy if Chris wasn't home he was talking to me.  Since the day it started I have corrected him EVERY TIME he called me Daddy.  I would try to get him to imitate my M sound and everything.  It didn't work.

Abby, in all her amazingness, has gotten Dutch to call me Ma and Mama!  I don't even know that she realized what a huge thing this was for me, but I will make sure when she comes on Monday that she knows how much it meant to me.  He's even self-correcting if he calls me Daddy!

It's a January miracle!

No comments: