Thursday, September 18, 2008

Wicked-ly Expensive

On October 3rd Chris and I will celebrate five tumultuous years of marriage. That might sound like a strange way to describe it, but it seems the most fitting. Anyway, our friend Michelle said that she would be happy to watch Dutchie for us so that we could go out for our anniversary. I thought that was really sweet of her and I decided to look into getting tickets for the musical Wicked which is in Pittsburgh right now.

I don't know if I'm naive or if I've just been able to find good deals in the past, but the tickets are ridiculously expensive! We can't even afford ONE ticket, let alone two! So I'm going to have to come up with something else for us to do to celebrate.

In other news, Dutch is growing so much! He has this wonderful little play-gym that we bought for him at IKEA. He lays on it and looks up at the toys and it's so fun to watch him try to control his little arms to grab them. I've tried to get video, but Dutch always lays perfectly still until I put away the video camera away. I guess he doesn't want anyone else to see him playing until he can grab them and hold on!

2 comments:

Cari said...

I'm so sorry about the Wicked tickets. Can't wait to see Dutchie playing with his toys!!!

Heidi Noel said...

Andy and I spent over $50 each ticket for nose-bleed when we went to see "Wicked". (I was afraid of falling to my death before the show started.) We used our tax return money and it was a combo anniversary/Valentine's day/ Andy's birthday date. Great justification, no?