Tuesday, November 15, 2011

A List for Tuesday

5 Reasons I'm Thankful for My Popi (Whose Birthday Was Yesterday)
(in no particular order)

1. He hush-a-byed me when I was little and now every time I hush-a-by my boys I think of him.
2. When Chris and I were deciding whether or not to get married he helped us make the right decision.
3. On a road trip back from Texas he introduced me to Mozart's Die Zauberflote.
4. In the summer when we would go visit him I would wake up every morning to him practicing the organ.
5. He married Chris and me and it was perfect.

Why are you thankful for your grandfather?

1 comment:

Just Julie said...

I remember walking with him from their house on Main Street in Moroni to the post office down the street. And he's always roll the push-up ice cream pops between his hands so they'd be easier to push-up. And he always said the longest prayers in the morning over breakfast when I was starving!