Monday, November 14, 2011

Cold

Saturday night I had a sore throat and runny nose when I was going to bed. I had a really hard time sleeping. It slowly got worse all day Sunday and by Sunday night I was feeling pretty crappy. I was so cold that the only thing that could warm me up was a bath, so I went and got in the tub.

I always lock the door when I take a bath or shower, not because it keeps Dutch out (it doesn't), but because it gives me about 5 more minutes of privacy before he picks the lock and gets in. Anyway, last night he came in when I was in the tub and this was our conversation (with translations for Dutch):

Dutch: Hi Daddy! Takin' shower? [Hello Mother! Are you taking a shower?]
Me: I'm taking a bath because I'm cold.
Dutch: Bath. Cold? [Oh, you're taking a bath. You're cold? That's awful!]

Then Dutch picked up my towel and wanted to wrap it around me because that's what I do when he's cold after a bath. I told him I couldn't wear my towel in the tub, so he put it down and gave me a big hug and kiss. Then he patted my head and told me "Get warm!"

There are days when Dutch drives me nuts, but I'm constantly amazed at his consideration for others. He really is one of the sweetest kids I've ever known.

3 comments:

Grandma Bailey said...

You do have an amazing son. Feel better.

Heidi Noel said...

That made me teary. I love that guy!

Cari said...

I'm so sorry - but I have to say that my favorite part is that he picks the locks!!! I hope you feel better soon!