Friday, November 18, 2011

Bo Goes on Walkabout

Last night Bo decided that life was boring and he wanted to make it more exciting. So he went on a walkabout. Here's what happened:

We let Bo out to go to the bathroom. I thought Chris had let him back in; Chris thought I had let him back in and we assumed he was hanging out with the other one in the other room. When it was time for bed we realized our mistake. Frantic searching ensued. I drove around looking for him while Chris searched our yard. It got to the point where I couldn't see well enough to drive because I was crying so much. So Chris took over driving around. I called Zaque and Greg (in tears) and asked if they would be willing to help us look. They were both sweet enough to go out into the cold at 11pm and drive the streets looking for our wayward pup.

I finally had the presence of mind to call the animal control, but no one was there so I was forwarded to police dispatch. The amazing woman I spoke to had taken a call from an officer not long before that a blind chocolate lab was picked up just south of our house and taken to the Sandy animal shelter. I wouldn't be able to pick Bo up until 8:30 the next morning. My tears finally stopped and I called off the search and we all went to bed grateful to animal control and the police.

When Dutch woke up this morning he walked all over the house trying to find Bo. He yelled out both doors for him to come. He kept saying, "Bo, where are you?" (which sounds more like "Bo, wayaroo?"). I explained we had to go and pick up Bo, that he had gotten lost and some nice people were taking care of him until we could get there.

Dutch LOVED the shelter. I thought all the barking would overwhelm him, but no. He went from kennel to kennel saying hi to every single dog and explaining to them that we were here for Bo-Bo. Chris and I are now thinking of adopting another dog. We'll see what happens. We brought Bo home and he climbed up into my bed and fell asleep.

Thus ended Bo's walkabout.

3 comments:

Heidi Noel said...

I cried when you called. I am so glad it turned out okay. If only he could tell you his story.

Cari said...

Poor Bo! And poor Pammy! I'm so glad everything turned out ok! I love you!

Heather said...

How scary! I am sorry I wasn't awake to take your call. I remember the night Delilah had gotten out and I was scared to death. I am glad Bo is home safe and sound!