Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Control Your Children!

Back when I was an expert on parenting (you know, before I had kids), I would see kids running wild and I always looked at the parents with disdain and thought to myself, "Why don't you control your children?" Now that I'm on the other side things look a little different. As my mom-in-law says, "With the pitter-patter of little feet come a thousand words to eat."

Lately Dutch has been really out of control when we're in public. There are days when I'm so exhausted by him that I let him run a little more wild than I should. I can see the looks from other people. The same looks I used to give. If only it were easy to control my child!

2 comments:

Grandma Bailey said...

Those looks are probably coming from people that don't have children. I find myself watching even wild children and thinking what a gift they are. I know not everyone doesn't think that but I believe the majority of grandparents think that way.

Shelley said...

Ha ha ha ha. I've noticed people giving me those looks, at least I know why now;).