Thursday, October 27, 2011

Big News About Baby Dane!

Several big things on the Baby Dane front! I will present them from least exciting to most exciting (although they are all super-exciting to me).

#1: On Friday Baby Dane will be 6 months old! Can you believe it? It feels crazy that he is already that old. I can honestly say that I am enjoying every minute with him and I don't want it to change!

#2: He is getting his first tooth! I can see the whiteness on his gums (lower-right, if you were wondering), but it hasn't broken through yet. He's been a little crankier, but even cranky he's the sweetest guy ever.

#3: For Halloween he is going to be the cutest Big Bad Wolf that ever lived (and I'll be Little Red Riding Hood). Pictures will be posted.

#4: Today, for the very first time, he ate cereal! I had tried previously to get him to eat it, but his tongue thrust was still too prominent. He ate the entire tablespoon I'd prepared for him and seemed to actually like it. Dutch, of course, wanted to help, but I knew that would only end in tears, so I promised him he could help in a little while when Baby Dane is a little more used to it.

#5: (and most exciting) Yesterday Dane got up on all fours and started rocking back and forth (see below). Crawling is coming fast and I'm not sure I'm ready for it!
(Do you notice the little stripe of dark hair right down the middle?
What is that about?)

1 comment:

Cari said...

It's like looking at a picture of you - only without the dress!!