Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A List for Tuesday

5 Things I Know About Age

1. It's relative.  For instance, my husband and sister are the same age, but she seems older.  Conversely, Josh's fiancée Dawn is my same age and I feel a lot younger.
2. It stops mattering.  Remember in elementary school when someone being even a month older than you was a big deal?  Once you hit a certain age you begin to forget how old you actually are.
3. Anyone older than you seems old, until you hit that age.
4. Birthdays are fun, but don't think that anyone cares about yours.
5. Hiding your age is stupid.

4 comments:

Anna said...

I spent an entire year telling people that I was 27 and didn't realize I wasn't until my mom sent me a card on my next birthday wishing me a happy 27th birthday. I thought she was wrong, but no... no, I was. That's right, I'm the idiot who forgot my own age.

Cari said...

I forgot my birthday once - I thought that it was on the 22nd and not the 21st.

Katherine said...

I didn't realize I was 18 for about 6 months or so. I think part of the problem was that I was taking prescription narcotics, though. Mitchell and I talk all the time about how our 3 year difference would have made it hard for us to be friends if we'd met in high school. But now it's nothing.

Melodie Anne said...

Also it sucks if your birthday gets poached by another gift-giving holiday. Particularly if that holiday sucks in the first place.

No worries though. I made up for it by showering myself with many gifts the day after.