Monday, May 24, 2010

"I need my keys. I can't get into things without my keys."

Tonight was the first night that Dutch took a book to bed.  I am so proud.  The book was Skippyjon Jones by Judy Schachner.  I read it to him just before bed and he refused to relinquish his hold on it.  So we let him take it to bed with him.

Dutch is obsessed with keys.  Much like Norman in the play "The Boys Next Door" he insists on having keys on him at all time.  If you have any spare keys, feel free to send them our way.  He likes to try to open doors, cars, basically anything that locks.  Keys have become his security blanket.  We've decided he'll either grow up to be a race car driver or a car-jacker.

We had another first today.  Dutch pooped in the bathtub for the first time.  We survived, but I hope it doesn't happen again.

Words, words, words, we are not getting enough words.  Dutch is throwing fits left and right, all because he cannot effectively communicate with us.  I've tried teaching him to sign, but he stares at me as if I have "STUPID" tattooed across my forehead.

Wednesday Chris takes his boards.  He's been studying hard and I'm positive he'll do well.  Your positive thoughts and prayers would be much appreciated.

In other news, it snowed today.  Not even freaking kidding.  I was pissed.  I hate snow more than just about anything, but snow in May!  That's just someone's sick joke.  And it's not funny!

That's all for now.

3 comments:

Grandma Bailey said...

I know a little girl the same age as Dutch that loved keys. She unlocked everything and anything. People in the ward were fascinated as walked off with their keys at Church and tried to unlock the library door and the walls. She grew up to the mother of a key lover and a writer. (By the way, her mother was horrifies as she wandered away with others keys.)

Katherine said...

There was a little boy in Nursery that always locked and unlocked the cabinet. At first it was one of the only ways to keep him from crying.

And I LOVE Skippyjon Jones! I bought it for myself a few years ago when I saw it at Barnes and Noble. My copy is still in Idaho, but Joseph would probably tear the pages if I read it to him now. He has to wait a little longer.

Tina said...

I love reading your blogs Pammy. :)
And I am totally with you on the whole snow in May thing... I am so sick of the snow and really want it to be hot outside now.
And Dutch is ADORABLE. :)