Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Xanax for Babies

We're home safe from Rhode Island. We had a great trip. My mother is Xanax for babies. Every time Dutch came near her he would fall asleep. I'm exaggerating, but not much.

We went to a Labor Day picnic on Monday and Dutchie got to play with other kids. None were his size or his age. They were all older and smaller. I didn't realize what a gigantor he was until I saw him towering over a 3-year-old. He had a lot of fun playing with the other babies and it was fun to watch his incredulousness about their walking. He was also very good about sharing his toy. He was NOT in the mood to share his grandma or grandpa, however. When he saw Sophie sitting on Mom's lap he was pissed. Then when Dad was bouncing her, he was pretty annoyed as well.

Big milestone: Dutch can now wave.

It was a sad day to leave my mom and dad. I miss being babied and taken care of. Not to mention everyone at their church was so nice that it made me wish I lived there. It would be nice to live near normal people with kids.

Also, PopPop inadvertently taught Dutch how to bounce a ball! See the video tomorrow.

No comments: