Friday, September 18, 2009

One Perfect Moment

It's about 1am, but I wanted to blog before I forgot this. Every once in a while you're handed a perfect moment and if you don't write it down you risk losing it forever.

Dutch has been sick the past week or so. It's a little cold, but he's been waking up between midnight and 1am every night. He's so reliable that I've stopped going to bed because it's easier to stay up than get myself up after a couple hours of sleep.

Tonight, walking through a dark house on my way to get Dutch, I tripped over Bo. I landed really hard on my knees, hands, and got a nice little bump on my noggin. My body just vibrated with pain. Tears came immediately to my eyes. All I could think was "Ouch."

I went in and got Dutch with my hands and knees still throbbing. Chris came in and made sure I was okay and gave my arm a little rub. Dutch, seeing this, gave me a little rub on my shoulder.

It was just such a sweet moment. This little guy saw his Daddy comforting me and wanted to help too. I laughed and felt instantly better. (Hopefully he'll feel better soon so we can all get a full night's sleep around here.)

As for Bo, even though he didn't get yelled at he felt like he was in trouble and hid. It wasn't his fault so once Dutch was down I went and found him and made sure that he was okay. He was.

I'm grateful for: night-lights, snuggles, baby vapor rub, big blue rocking chairs, ibuprofen.

1 comment:

Heidi Noel said...

Just remember you're going to miss this someday.