Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Noah's Big Bald Head

My friend from church, Joanne, gave me some of her daughter's old toys when she was cleaning out and making room. One of them was the Fisher Price Little People Noah's Ark. Dutch loves the ark, the animals, and the rain/rainbow "flag" that goes on top of the ark. He likes that the boat is on wheels and he can push it back and forth. Nothing compares, however, to how much he likes to chew on Noah's big bald head. While the other animals seem delicious, when given a choice he'll choose Noah over all the others.

It's been getting colder lately. Dutch has never been one to enjoy socks, but the other morning his little tootsies were so frozy that I put a pair on him, hoping that the warmth they provided would outweigh his obvious irritation with them. No such luck. After he took them off he placed one of them on my foot. As if to say, "I don't want to wear them, but you can."

He is very close to walking. One of his favorite things to do right now is put his hands out and stand up on his legs so he makes an A shape. I always applaud this since it's how he's going to learn to stand up without help. So far he thinks that's the game in and of itself. We'll see if he figures out how to stand on his own from it.

Lastly, he's been doing this bizarre thing where he scrunches up his face, pushes his top lip out and inhales through his nose. Like he's trying to sniff his upper lip. It's really funny and I have no idea where he got it. Chris says it's something Uncle Joshy used to do, but I don't see how Dutch would know that.

Sorry I haven't been better about posting. Now that my August deadline is over I will have more time to blog. Hopefully I will also have more to blog about!

2 comments:

Heidi Noel said...

When I read the title I thought you were talking about our nephew and I was pretty confused. He has a lot of hair. I want to meet that boy of yours. Marcus would LOVE him. They would get along so well.

Cari said...

That will make our Noah laugh!