Sunday, September 6, 2009

Having Fun in Rhode Island (Aren't You Jealous?)

Daddy complained last night that I must not be having any fun because I haven't blogged about it yet. Truthfully, it was more out of laziness than lack of stuff to write about. Here is my trip to Rhode Island so far:

Dutch and I left at about 8am Friday morning. The TomTom said it would take 9 hours to get here. 12 hours later we pulled in to Mom and Dad's parking lot. I would have been in a worse mood but I arrived just in time to see the most beautiful sunset over the ocean. Dutch was cranky, but perked right up when he saw GaGa and PopPop coming out to greet him. Sleeping that night was not something that he did much of, but we all survived.

The next day we were going to run errands and just spend time together. Just after I pulled Dutch's carseat out of my car to put in Dad's car, Dad helpfully shut the door. My purse was inside. My keys were in my purse. The doors were all locked.

We decided to worry about all of that later and went and ran our errands to buy Dutch enough fruit and veggies to satisfy his incredible appetite (did I mention he's wearing 2T clothes now? Thanks Heidi for sharing). Dad had a meeting to go to so Mom and I went to a very fun toy store called The Walrus and Carpenter where Dutch fell in love with the wooden Thomas the Tank Engine trains. We bought him Billy the orange train who has really gapped teeth, so I said Billy must be short for Hill-Billy and Mom said he must be a mountain train! We finally decided to worry about my keys in the car. We called a few places and $40 later we had my keys and purse. Dutch napped and slept incredible well yesterday, although he got up MUCH to early for my liking. Mom watched him while I got a little more sleep.

Today at church Dutch was treated like a rock-star and I was treated like a rock-star's mom. Everyone LOVES my mom and dad and they all knew all about Dutch and me. Several people told me they were so excited to finally meet the grandbaby they had heard so much about. We had a really great time and everyone was really sweet to us.

There are still more days left and more fun to be had, so I'll blog later, hopefully with pictures!

2 comments:

Cari said...

I'm sad. And really, really, jealous

Heidi Noel said...

I was going to say the same as my older sister. Someday we will visit Rhode Island I hope.